Sunday, June 10, 2012

Road Trip Recipe 6: Egg Salad and Arugula Wraps

Traditional egg salad is often made with lots of mayonnaise, which makes it really heavy. To make it healthier, I make mine with Greek yoghurt and a just a tiny bit of mayo, and you can't even tell the difference. Usually, I make this egg salad when I make finger sandwiches for Afternoon Tea, but it's also really tasty in wrap form. Sometimes I flavor it with mustard, or green onions, and always with sprouts if I make tea sandwiches, but this is the base recipe. 

Since it's so easy to make, and keeps well for a couple of days if it's stored properly, I added it to my healthy Road Trip Menu. Instead of bread, I used whole wheat sandwich wraps, and these made for a great lunch for us on our trip to Yellowstone. Instead of eating the horrible park food we were stuck with last time, this time Hubby & I are having picnics in the park every single day, and it has been so lovely. Just as with yesterday's French Picnic sandwich recipes, I kept the components separate to avoid sogginess, and it literary took two second to whip these up. 

Quick-to-Assemble Meals:
  • French Picnic Baguettes:
    •  - Ham & Cheese
    •  - Brie, Walnut & Prosciutto
    •  - Steak & Goat Cheese
  • Homemade Egg Salad and Arugula Wraps

Egg Salad and Arugula Wraps with cucumber, tomato, green onion, and carrots.

Egg Salad and Arugula Wraps

Ingredients:
6 boiled eggs, peeled and chopped 
1/4 cup low-fat Greek Yoghurt
1 tbsp mayonnaise
Sea salt
Freshly ground pepper
4 whole wheat Lavash flatbreads
1 cup arugula

Directions:
1. Add chopped eggs, Greek Yoghurt and mayonnaise in a bowl; combine well. 
2. Season with salt and pepper. 
3. Divide egg salad among the wraps, concentrating the egg salad in one end of each lavash. Top with arugula, and roll up, starting at the end that holds the egg salad. 
4. Enjoy right away. Nom nom.

No comments:

Post a Comment