Monday, May 7, 2012

DIY Project: Baby Quilt 2

I finished yet another baby quilt this afternoon. This one is fairly small,  almost square, and I thought it would serve well as a baby quilt/play mat, as well as a conveniently-sized stroller/carseat quilt. It is very soft and cuddly,  I especially love the feel of it straight out of the dryer.


I really love the design process of quilting, but my sewing skills are still lagging way behind my quilt-imagination.  I'm looking forward to the day when I my quilts actually look as nice as I imagine them.


As you can see, this little quilt turned out quite crooked, and though I was planning to gift this one to a friend, I am no longer sure if I will. Maybe receiving less-than-perfect DIY gifts are less-then-desirable? My did give away my First [imperfect] Quilt, and it was very well received, but still I'm unsure... Tell me, would you gift a handmade item that was less than perfect?

2 comments:

  1. Give it! Nothing handmade is perfect, but it is full of good intention and love which is far more important! I love how it turned out, and I can't even see a flaw anywhere! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would cherish handmade over store-bought any day of the week. I think it turned out beautiful and I'd love to receive such a gifty.

    ReplyDelete