Sunday, July 29, 2012

DIY Project: Multi-pocket Zipper Pouch

I made these multi-pocket zipper pouches this weekend, because this girl cannot have to many zipper pouches, nor can a zipper pouch have too many pockets. Duh. Everyone knows that.



I used a modified version of my waterproof bikini bag tutorial to make the zipper pouches, closed the zippers the same way I figured out while making the circle earbud pouches , and improvised the process of adding the lining pocket as I went along. As always when cluelessly crafting, at times it was pretty frustrating. For example, when I had finally, FINALLY completed my 1st lining pocket, only to realize I had forgotten to seal its lining, leaving me with a zipped opening to the unfinished guts of the bag. After several tries, multiple seam ripping sessions, and one or two f-bombs, I finally got it right.

I used two different linings in each bag; purple polka dots for the outside pocket and the main lining of the pouch; solid purple for the lining of the inner pocket, and I love the overall look of the contrasting fabrics. For the smaller, matching pouches, I flipped the chevron direction, as well as the lining fabrics.

The larger pouch is 7 by 5 inches, the smaller is 5 by 3 inches. Both have one main compartment, and two zipper pockets each, one on the outside, and one in the main lining. Both have a loop to attach a split ring.

The smallest zipper pouch has polka dots in the inner lining pocket, and purple solid inside the pouch and lining the outer pocket.  The larger pouch has the reverse.

I'm actually really happy with these little pouches, and they will be perfect to keep my purse, and all its little tidbits, perfectly organized. 

8 comments:

  1. Only one or two f-bombs? I'd call that a successful project! :) Seriously, it is totally cute. You did great! I love your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, one or two-ish.
      Thank you so much!!! <3

      Delete
  2. I am so very impressed with your sewing skills! I love everything you make. You really would do with selling your creations I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that is awesome!
    I have been looking for a pattern on one like this but havent found, u dont have this one in pettern version?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      Unfortunately I do not have a pattern version.

      Delete
  4. This is brilliant! How clever of you to come up with this concept yourself! I understand that you don't have a pattern version, but do you have a tutorial for this at all? I've been looking for this for such a long time I'd just love to follow a tutorial and make one for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is brilliant! How clever of you to come up with this concept yourself! I understand that you don't have a pattern version, but do you have a tutorial for this at all? I've been looking for this for such a long time I'd just love to follow a tutorial and make one for myself!

    ReplyDelete