Monday, July 2, 2012

DIY Project: Yoga Mat Bag

I loath going on a trip without certain essentials, my yoga mat & travel foam roller being two of the most critical items that I've long since vowed never to travel without again. Of course, this morning, as I started packing for our next trip, I realized I have somehow lost the bag for my yoga mat. If you've every tried to bring a "naked" yoga mat anywhere without a bag to keep it manageable, you know what a total PITA it is. So, instead of doing that again, I whipped up this little mat bag, using some scraps of my favorite quilting print.

 Yoga mat bag

It is just a simple drawstring bag, measured to fit my particular mat. I added a double folded shoulder strap and closed the bag with a drawstring, for which I made a ribbon using bias cut tape also leftover from my last quilt. The bag is loose enough to not have to wrestle the mat into it, without looking like a completely shapeless sack. And, of course, I love, love, LOVE that print!

Yoga mat bag & travel foam roller pouch

For such an easy project, it turned out pretty well, and it only took 20 minutes. I also made a small, matching drawstring pouch for my little travel-sized foam roller, to keep it clean and lint free in my suitcase. Perfect!

3 comments:

  1. Still in love with that fabric. Still mourning my inability to find something similar for my own project. I could've ordered something but I wanted it NOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this fabric so much! Now you have a way to carry it around with you all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so adorable! I agree with everyone; the fabric is fabulous. And that's awesome that you have a travel-sized foam roller too.

    ReplyDelete