Sunday, December 2, 2012

DIY Project: Quick and easy Cheesy Christmas Ornament Earrings

I saw these earrings this morning at Target, and thought they would be perfect for a cheesy holiday get-together with some fabulous, holiday-loving girlfriends. I also realized I already had all the necessary supplies to make my own version at home.


This is what I came up with.


I made a bunch of them, in different shades of red & silver, and I cannot wait to wear these cheesy things to various holiday-related shenanigans! Now I just need a hideous reindeer sweater & decide if I'm mixing or matching the ornaments!

This project is so simple that it barely even needs a tutorial. Still, here are the very simple instructions to make your own Cheesy Christmas Ornament Earrings. Making time is approximately 2 seconds. No kidding.

DIY Cheesy Christmas Ornament Earrings

To make one pair of Cheesy Christmas Ornament Earrings.

What you need:
2 French wire earring hooks
2 mini ornaments, glass or plastic
2 jump rings


What to do:
1. Open jump ring just enough to slip on 1 Sterling silver French wire earring hook, and one mini ornament.


2. Close jump ring.
3. Repeat once again, to make a pair.
4. Done!

Price Comparison:

Original inspiration:
Happy Holidays Ornament Earrings, Target, $7.99 per pair

DIY Retail Knockoff:
$1 per pair


1 comment: